« Around the Office K | Main | Around the Office I »

GCC : Around the Office J

more Random shots of people at work.

Posted by Steven at May 24, 2005 08:46 PM

Comments

Steve Phillips, in the office he and I shared.

Posted by: Tim Peacock at June 2, 2005 12:06 PM

Note the names of the task list on the white board. I think Rob is Rob Harris. Rob, Seth Lipkin and Mike Barta eventually leave GCC, found Callisto and write the original Meeting Maker for the Mac.

Posted by: Tim Peacock at June 2, 2005 12:07 PM

Thanks for posting this, Steve. I'm still a Mac geek to this day, so the guys in my office got a good laugh at this one. This was taken during HyperDrive 2000 development; I'm debugging timing issues with the AppleTalk driver code...

Posted by: Steve Phillips at June 2, 2005 03:56 PM

I also got a good laugh (because of recent movies) to note the names of the alpha-boards listed on the left whiteboard

Posted by: Steven at June 2, 2005 07:30 PM

To the right of the Alpha board's names are the people they were assigned to (the boards being rare and limited in number). One went to Consulair, the developers of the C compiler we used before Lightspeed blew everybody out of the water. Looks like one board was assigned to me and then reassigned to Linda Lovero.

All the HyperDrive 2000 project names were based off of Hitchhiker's Guide, starting with the Improbability Drive for the project name, chosen because of the -ahem- notorious difficulty we had in getting the hardware to work. Because we clocked the daughter board at a clock rate that, due to component variations, was essentially asynchronous to the Macintosh system board, we had to design the hardware to deal with the metastability that ensued.

Posted by: David Brown at June 6, 2005 10:02 PM

Nice photo. But I believe that Google is bringing most of the visitors here -- people who like me are searching for a HyperDrive 2000 to buy to further the needs of the Classic Mac community.

None of you gentlemen would happen to have a working HyperDrive 2000 kit on hand to sell, would you?

Posted by: JDW at August 22, 2006 11:30 PM